For years, I’ve been telling freelance writers and aspiring writers the simple secret I’ve used to make millions of dollars as a freelance writer.
It’s that the quickest way to create greater demand -- command higher fees -- and make more money … is to become a “writing specialist.”
Specialists get more respect, charge more money, are much more sought after, and don’t have to beg for work or haggle over fees.
Generalists live off the crumbs the specialists leave behind.
It’s that way in every field: specialists are more in demand – and earn more money – than generalists.
In medicine, oncologists and cardiac surgeons earn more than general practitioners.
In the auto industry, service technicians who specialize in fixing Jaguars and Porsches charge higher rates than general auto mechanics.
In corporate training, the consultant who teaches how to attain ISO 9002 accreditation or comply with EPA regulations commands daily fees two to five times higher than trainers who teach general subjects like stress management or leadership.
And in any type of writing – copywriting, magazine writing, book writing – writers that focus on niche markets are better paid than general assignment writers.
Become a highly paid “writing specialist”
In the Internet age, we’re flooded with information, as the store of human knowledge grows at an exponential rate.
Therefore, no single person can even begin to keep up – making it extremely difficult to be a generalist in writing or any other field.
By specializing in one or two writing niches, you carve out a manageable segment of human knowledge, and at least have a fighting chance of staying current without spending every waking minute reading magazines, books, and Web sites in your field.
As for clients, there are 3 reasons why marketers, editors, and publishers would rather hire a specialist than a generalist:
FIRST, the learning curve is greatly reduced, saving the client time in briefing the writer, and increasing the client’s confidence that you, the writer, understand the material.
SECOND, specialists have a greater awareness of current activity in their field. Your extensive experience can help your clients avoid mistakes and steer them away from marketing ideas that you’ve seen do not work.
THIRD, by constantly reading and writing in a narrow field, the specialist is more in tune with the market than most writers – and often, even than the client. Niche writers have their finger on the pulse of their specialty markets, which helps them write copy that reaches readers on a deeper level – making their writing more compelling and effective.
Now, in our e-book,Writing for Niche Markets, my coauthor Kim Stacey and I show you step-by-step how to position yourself as an expert in -- and write for -- today’s most in-demand and lucrative niche marketers for freelance writers.
- 5 advantages of being a freelance writer in the Internet era and “Information Age.” Page 8.
- Profits from Madison Avenue: how to specialize in writing for ad agencies. Page 37.
- Make money helping others get rich: writing for the investment and personal finance market. Page 20.
- 4 ways to find the best and most suitable niche market for you to specialize in. Page 10.
- Make money writing white papers and informational booklets. Page 64.
- How to get your foot in the door and break into a niche market in which you have little or no experience or credentials. Page 12.
- 10 tips for finding niche writing markets online. Page 22.
- How to identify and contact publishers hiring writers in the niche markets you want to write for. Page 13.
- 11 highly profitable niche markets and how to break into each. Page 14.
- Nervous about becoming a writing specialist? How to boost your self-confidence and get rid of doubt, hesitation, and fear, even if you are a novice. Page 24.
- 2 ways to ensure that editors and clients are thrilled and delighted with the materials you write for them. Page 40.
- Writing for the parenting and child care market: best places to start. Page 16. Tips from the pros: page 47.
- Switching specialties: how a 40-year-old writer made the switch from stand-up comic to successful direct response copywriter. Page 41.
- The #1 mistake freelance writers make and how to avoid it. Page 26.
- How to avoid being “typecast” when you write for niche markets. Page 50.
- Answers to a writer’s prayer: writing for the inspirational religious market. Page 45.
- Lucrative freelance writing niches for pet lovers. Page 16.
- Turn your hobby into a lucrative writing niche. Page 55.
- 6 questions to ask when evaluating a potential new niche market for your writing. Page 36.
- Run a profitable niche writing business from your RV. Pays all your travel costs. Page 57.
- You mail out a query letter to an editor and don’t get a response. How soon should you follow up? Page 31.
- Big bucks in business writing ... how to break into writing for small business and corporate clients. Page 59.
- Make your life better by writing self-improvement market. Page 17.
- Earn a healthy income as a medical writing specialist. Page 19.
- For writers only: best reference books ... writing magazines ... Web sites ... podcasts ... radio shows ... libraries ... blogs ... online communities ... online job sites ... e-newsletters ... writing software ... writer’s organizations. Begins on page 74.
- And so much more ...
To order your copy of Writing for Niche Markets on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
How much would you pay to earn an extra
$10,000 this year?
On average, writing specialists earn 10% to 25% more than generalists for the same amount of labor.
That means if you are a generalist (or a specialist in a crowded niche that no longer pays well) earning $40,000 a year ...
You can earn an extra $4,000 to $10,000 by picking and specializing in one of the markets we show you how to break into in Writing for Niche Markets.
But you won’t pay $10,000 ... $4,000 ... or even $100 to master writing for niche markets.
You can download Writing for Niche Markets right now for just $39. That’s less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time.
And that’s what you pay only if our guidelines help make you break into exciting and profitable new niche markets. If they don’t, the cost is zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada ...
Explore new writing niches risk-free for 90 days
That’s right. If, after reviewing Writing for Niche Markets, you don’t see your freelance writing income jump at least 10% to 25% or more ...
Or you are dissatisfied for any reason ... or for no reason at all ... just let me know within 90 days.
We’ll refund your $39 payment in full. And you may keep the e-book free, with my compliments. That way, you risk nothing.
So what are you waiting for?Within the next 3 months, you could be an in-demand writing specialist ... with clients lined up around the block begging to get a spot on your dance card.
Or, you could be competing with all the other generalists for the same assignments, with no clear advantage and clients constantly pressuring you to lower your fees.
It’s entirely up to you.
To order Writing for Niche Markets on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
P.S. Order Writing for Niche Markets today and you get a FREE 59-page Special Report, Taking Your Copywriting to the Next Level (list price: $29).
In it, you will discover
- How to write a good advertisement – page 28.
- Tips on using testimonials – page 44.
- The BDF formula for getting inside the mind of your customer – page 40.
- The fundamentals of persuasive writing – page 6.
- What works better: long copy or short copy? – page 50.
- Why features are sometimes more important than benefits – page 23.
- And more ...
To order Writing for Niche Markets on a 90-day, money-back trial basis ... and get your FREE Bonus Report ... click below now: